Subject: bug#67458: 30.0.50; Emacs Pgtk doesn't recognize Hyper key on Linux Wayland

From: Eval Exec <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2023 18:31:31 +0800

Hello, I'm have an Emacs Pgtk build from NixOS's emacs-overlay,
And I Re-maped left ctrl key as Hyper key, and set the Hyper key as Mod3:
```bash
$ xmodmap
xmodmap:  up to 4 keys per modifier, (keycodes in parentheses):

shift       Shift_L (0x32),  Shift_R (0x3e)
lock
control     Control_L (0x42),  Control_R (0x69)
mod1        Alt_L (0x40),  Alt_R (0x6c),  Alt_L (0xcc),  Meta_L (0xcd)
mod2        Num_Lock (0x4d)
mod3        Hyper_L (0x25),  ISO_Level5_Shift (0xcb),  Hyper_L (0xcf)
mod4        Super_L (0x85),  Super_R (0x86),  Super_L (0xce)
mod5        ISO_Level3_Shift (0x5c)
```

As you can see, `Hyper_L` is `mod3`.

But when I open `emacs-pgtk` and M-x describe-key, then press
`Hyper_L` (original left control) and `p` key, emacs just recognizes
it as a single `p` key. This is not expected. I expect Emacs will
recognize its `H-p` key.

And I can confirm this issue does not happen on non pgtk emacs. Emacs
non-pkgtk  will recognize `Hyper_L` + `p` as `H-p` in `describe-key`.

What information should I provide to help us solve this problem?
Thank you
----------

In GNU Emacs 30.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
3.24.38, cairo version 1.18.0)
Repository revision: a7c16e73c084848cb5af2552f5221db67ce64536
Repository branch: master
System Description: NixOS 24.05 (Uakari)

Configured using:
 'configure
 --prefix=/nix/store/bp8wxma631sxmxxa89jma2mxa029fl6i-emacs-pgtk-20231126.0
 --disable-build-details --with-modules --with-pgtk
 --with-native-compilation --with-tree-sitter --with-xwidgets'

Configured features:
CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON
LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER
PGTK PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS
TREE_SITTER WEBP XIM XWIDGETS GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $EMACSLOADPATH:
  value of $EMACSNATIVELOADPATH:
  value of $LC_MONETARY: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LC_TIME: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=fcitx
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  minibuffer-regexp-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/nix/store/zg8i60lrdmlm3c3z3a670gai2y4jjrpj-emacs-packages-deps/share/emacs/site-lisp/site-start
hides /nix/store/bp8wxma631sxmxxa89jma2mxa029fl6i-emacs-pgtk-20231126.0/share/emacs/site-lisp/site-start
/nix/store/zg8i60lrdmlm3c3z3a670gai2y4jjrpj-emacs-packages-deps/share/emacs/site-lisp/elpa/transient-20231123.2131/transient
hides /nix/store/bp8wxma631sxmxxa89jma2mxa029fl6i-emacs-pgtk-20231126.0/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/transient
/nix/store/zg8i60lrdmlm3c3z3a670gai2y4jjrpj-emacs-packages-deps/share/emacs/site-lisp/elpa/let-alist-1.0.6/let-alist
hides /nix/store/bp8wxma631sxmxxa89jma2mxa029fl6i-emacs-pgtk-20231126.0/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/emacs-lisp/let-alist

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr comp-run comp-common rx emacsbug message mailcap
yank-media puny dired dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache
epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config gnus-util text-property-search
time-date subr-x mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader cl-loaddefs cl-lib sendmail rfc2047
rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils rmc iso-transl tooltip
cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
elisp-mode mwheel term/pgtk-win pgtk-win term/common-win pgtk-dnd
touch-screen tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list
replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar
menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse
jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer
nadvice seq simple cl-generic indonesian philippine cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure
cl-preloaded button loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp
files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote
threads xwidget-internal dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting
system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo gtk pgtk multi-tty
move-toolbar make-network-process native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 54588 12740) (symbols 48 5436 0) (strings 32 14931 3452)
 (string-bytes 1 514404) (vectors 16 11526)
 (vector-slots 8 274199 8454) (floats 8 22 20) (intervals 56 367 0)
 (buffers 992 12))