Subject: Re: bug#67455: (Record source position, etc., in doc strings, and use this in *Help* and backtraces.)

From: Alan Mackenzie <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 1 Jun 2024 18:17:15 +0000

Hello, Eli.

On Sat, Jun 01, 2024 at 21:01:11 +0300, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> > Date: Sat, 1 Jun 2024 17:40:47 +0000
> > From: Alan Mackenzie <[email-masked]>

> > > I've just pushed a large commit to feature/positioned-lambdas, a work
> > > in progress commit for bug#67455, putting source position information at
> > > the start of doc strings.  master was merged into it just before the
> > > commit.

> > I've just pushed another large commit, which now works, for generous
> > values of "works".

> So now the master branch, soon to become the emacs-20 release branch,
> is completely destabilized?

No, I only committed the change to branch feature/positioned-lambdas,
unless I've made some mistake with git.  I wouldn't merge it to master
without getting your agreement, first.

> Can we perhaps revert and wait until after the branch?

I hope that's not needed.  :-)

-- 
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).