Subject: Re: bug#67430: 29.1; <Multi_key> is undefined

From: Po Lu <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2023 07:47:49 +0800

Francesco Potortì <[email-masked]> writes:

> When I run Emacs I can use the X compose key.  Apparently X interprets
> it so that it is invisible to Emacs, and in fact I cannot see it in
> the lossage.
>
> When I run Emacs over Xpra, apparently Xpra passes the compose key to
> Emacs.  I would expect it to do the same as C-x8 does, but this is not
> the case.  In fact, I get the error message "<Multi_key> is
> undefined".
>
> I just corrected the problem with (keymap-global-set "<Multi_key>"
> iso-transl-ctl-x-8-map), but I wonder why this is necessary at all.  I
> think this binding should be the default.

Multi_key isn't uniformly the Compose key, so I'd rather not make such
rash choices.  My opinion isn't particularly strong in this regard,
however, and perhaps this isn't a one-off.  If anyone reading this has
experienced such problems before, please make yourself known.