Subject: bug#6742: 23.1; Edit preferences (Customize) option fails when working with ecb

From: Sergio Roa <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2010 21:23:06 +0200

When trying to customize (edit preferences) of some group, like LaTeX
or C++ code, the text of the customize options modifies actually the
document buffer so that it gets corrupted. Apparently it happens when
ecb is activated.

In GNU Emacs 23.1.1 (i486-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.20.0)
  of 2010-03-29 on rothera, modified by Debian
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.10706000
configured using `configure  '--build=i486-linux-gnu' 
'--host=i486-linux-gnu' '--prefix=/usr' '--sharedstatedir=/var/lib' 
'--libexecdir=/usr/lib' '--localstatedir=/var/lib' 
'--infodir=/usr/share/info' '--mandir=/usr/share/man' '--with-pop=yes' 
'--enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs23:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/23.1/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/23.1/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/23.1/leim' 
'--with-x=yes' '--with-x-toolkit=gtk' '--with-toolkit-scroll-bars' 
'build_alias=i486-linux-gnu' 'host_alias=i486-linux-gnu' 
'CFLAGS=-DDEBIAN -g -O2' 'LDFLAGS=-g' 'CPPFLAGS=''

Important settings:
   value of $LC_ALL: nil
   value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
   value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
   value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
   value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
   value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
   value of $LC_TIME: nil
   value of $LANG: en_US.utf8
   value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
   locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
   default-enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
   tooltip-mode: t
   tool-bar-mode: t
   mouse-wheel-mode: t
   menu-bar-mode: t
   file-name-shadow-mode: t
   global-font-lock-mode: t
   blink-cursor-mode: t
   global-auto-composition-mode: t
   auto-encryption-mode: t
   auto-compression-mode: t
   line-number-mode: t
   transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <menu-bar> <help-menu> <send-emacs-bug
-report>

Recent messages:
Setting up cogre...done
Setting up ede...done
Setting up eieio...done
Setting up semantic...done
Setting up speedbar...done
Setting up cedet-contrib...done
Loading /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/cedet-common/cedet.el (source)...done
ECB 2.32 uses loaded semantic 2.0pre4, eieio 1.0 and speedbar 1.0.1.
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
/usr/bin/mail is not an executable.  Setting mail-interactive to t.

-- 
Sergio Roa, Researcher at LT Lab, DFKI GmbH, Saarbruecken, DE
Web: http://www.dfki.de/~sroa - Phone: +49 (0) 681 85775 5037
-------------------------------------------------------------
Deutsches Forschungszentrum fuer Kuenstliche Intelligenz GmbH
Trippstadter Strasse 122, D-67663 Kaiserslautern, Germany
* Geschaeftsfuehrung: Prof. Dr. Wolfgang Wahlster (Vors.)
                       Dr. Walter Olthoff
* Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats:Prof. Dr. h.c. Hans A. Aukes
Amtsgericht Kaiserslautern, HRB 2313
-------------------------------------------------------------