Subject: bug#67417: 29.1.50; c-ts-mode syntax issues with no brackets

From: Yuan Fu <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2023 01:29:03 -0800

On 12/9/23 12:27 AM, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>> Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2023 23:58:14 -0800
>> Cc: [email-masked]
>> From: Yuan Fu <[email-masked]>
>>
>>> The rest of the nodes (if/while/do/for) don't result in parse errors
>>> here, as long as the condition in parentheses is typed out correctly.
>>>
>>> I tried some additional clauses looking for "previous sibling",
>>> checking whether it's for_statement, etc, which ends with "expression
>>> statement", and that one is empty... but it a fair amount of code
>>> which will likely miss other edge cases anyway. Or breaks when the
>>> grammar changes.
>> Yeah, for now we can match for the specific case where there's an else
>> before a "}". That should reduce the chance of it matching other edge
>> cases. I'll give it another look on this weekend.
> Any progress here?
I pushed a commit that changes the too-board heuristic to only match 
"else before closing bracket". Hopefully this won't cause any false matches.

I think we can close this. Dmitry, WDYT?

Yuan