Subject: Review of iftool patches

From: Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2024 18:26:12 +0200

Hi,

I'm unsure if you are a Guix commiter or not but we're looking for a
review of a patchset that includes updating the Coreboot source code
and add more tools like ifdtools.

The patch has been sitting there for about 1 year and as I understand
the title of the patchset "Coreboot related patches" makes people
afraid because most Guix contributors are probably not familiar with
Coreboot and so they just skip this patch.

So if you're interested, the patch is available on
issues.guix.gnu.org[1] or debbugs.gnu.org[2] (Tor is blocked for [1],
probably by the datacenter, so use [2] in that case).

PS: I emailed you because you already did the same thing we're trying
    to do: update the Coreboot revision. We also need to do it because
    the current source code contains nonfree software, and that nonfree
    software is gone in the source code of newer Coreboot versions.

References:
-----------
[1]https://issues.guix.gnu.org/67403
[2]https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=67403

Denis.