Subject: 30.0.50; emoji-list signals when called from read only buffer

From: Po Lu <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2023 20:38:01 +0800

When emoji-list is called and the current buffer is read only, an error
is signaled whether the user meant to insert an emoji or not.  Signaling
such errors is not warranted, as emoji-list also displays emojis,
besides merely inserting them.

In GNU Emacs 30.0.50 (build 1, aarch64-unknown-linux-android22) of
 2023-11-23 built on trinity
Repository revision: e1c0c5def3d1dc93e34180ccdf88a6aaaad59ea3
Repository branch: master-android-1
Windowing system distributor 'Google', version 30.0.0
System Description: google/marlin/marlin:10/QP1A.191005.007.A3/5972272:user/release-keys

Configured using:
 'configure --with-png=yes --with-webp=yes --with-gif=yes
 --with-json=ifavailable --with-jpeg=yes --with-xml2=yes
 --with-sqlite3=yes --with-gnutls=yes --with-tiff=yes --with-selinux=yes
 --with-modules=yes --with-tree-sitter=ifavailable --with-imagemagick=no
 --with-lcms2=yes --with-mailutils= --with-pop=no-by-default
 --with-harfbuzz=yes --enable-check-lisp-object-type= 'CFLAGS=-Og -g3
 -Werror=implicit-function-declaration''

Configured features:
GIF GMP GNUTLS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON LIBSELINUX LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY
INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG SECCOMP SQLITE3 TIFF TREE_SITTER WEBP ZLIB

Important settings:
  locale-coding-system: nil

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  save-place-mode: t
  kill-ring-deindent-mode: t
  electric-pair-mode: t
  server-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  modifier-bar-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  tab-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  window-divider-mode: t
  minibuffer-regexp-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/data/data/org.gnu.emacs/files/.emacs.d/elpa/transient-0.4.3/transient hides /assets/lisp/transient

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message yank-media puny dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils
mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums org-mouse org ob
ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-macro org-src ob-comint
org-pcomplete org-list org-footnote org-faces org-entities noutline
outline ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval org-cycle org-table ol org-fold
org-fold-core org-keys oc org-loaddefs find-func cal-menu calendar
cal-loaddefs org-compat org-version org-macs cl-extra icons saveplace
tramp-sh tramp rx trampver tramp-integration files-x tramp-message
help-mode tramp-compat xdg shell pcomplete comint ansi-osc ring
parse-time iso8601 format-spec ansi-color tramp-loaddefs indent-aux gnus
nnheader gnus-util text-property-search time-date mail-utils range
mm-util mail-prsvr wid-edit elec-pair cus-load server
aircon-theme-autoloads bash-completion-autoloads bison-mode-autoloads
corfu-autoloads coterm-autoloads debbugs-autoloads ement-autoloads
jinx-autoloads jit-spell-autoloads magit-autoloads git-commit-autoloads
markdown-mode-autoloads org-drill-autoloads persist-autoloads
plz-autoloads svg-lib-autoloads taxy-magit-section-autoloads
taxy-autoloads magit-section-autoloads dash-autoloads
transient-autoloads visual-fill-autoloads visual-fill-column-autoloads
with-editor-autoloads info compat-autoloads package browse-url url
url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
generate-lisp-file url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse
auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs password-cache json subr-x
map byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile url-vars cl-loaddefs cl-lib rmc
iso-transl tooltip cus-start cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel android-win
term/common-win ls-lisp touch-screen tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic
indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button loaddefs
theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote inotify android multi-tty
move-toolbar make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 159837 18457) (symbols 48 17164 1) (strings 32 56697 1800)
 (string-bytes 1 1747993) (vectors 16 31135)
 (vector-slots 8 403664 15025) (floats 8 136 102) (intervals 56 485 0)
 (buffers 992 11))