Subject: bug#67393: 29.1; Slow to open file if autosave exists

From: Ihor Radchenko <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2023 18:05:35 +0000

Juri Linkov <[email-masked]> writes:

>> This is indeed not a bug, but I am wondering if it would be better to
>> utilize `set-multi-message' somehow. We are certainly able to display
>> multiple recent messages in the echo area. Then, why not allow to keep
>> more important ones visible for a time period without blocking?
>
> It's not easy to temporarily enable `set-multi-message',
> since it's not clear at what moment to disable it afterwards.

What I meant is to change the default `set-message-function' in such a
way that it displays "important" messages for a custom time period, in
addition to the last message.

-- 
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,
Learn more about Org mode at <https://orgmode.org/>.
Support Org development at <https://liberapay.com/org-mode>,
or support my work at <https://liberapay.com/yantar92>