Subject: bug#67359: 29.1; 29.1: MH-E limited display malfunctions if nothing is matched

From: Mike Kupfer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2023 08:08:48 -0800

Eli Zaretskii wrote:

> I'm not sure if it is better to report MH-E-related bugs here or
> submit the reports to https://sourceforge.net/p/mh-e/bugs/.

We (MH-E developers) have talked about dropping the SourceForge bug
tracker and just using the Emacs debbugs, but I don't think we ever
reached a definite decision.  In the meantime, either should work, since
at least one of us (me) is subscribed to Emacs bugs.

> > From: Chris Siebenmann <[email-masked]>
> > Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2023 19:28:45 -0500
[...]
> > When you do this, MH-E will first show an error message in a buffer
> > below the folder window and then narrow the main folder window to a
> > single line showing 'scan: no messages match specification'. ('/ w' will
> > then fix the situation.)

Yes, I can reproduce this.  

Chris, I'm not sure what you're expecting instead.  I'm guessing you'd
like to have the original message list in the folder buffer (no need to
type "/ w"), with the error text displayed like a normal error, rather
than in the folder buffer.  Do I understand correctly?

thanks,
mike