Subject: Re: bug#67357: [PATCH] Fix c-ts-mode block indent when first-siblings are comments

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2023 16:33:48 +0200

> Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2023 15:17:40 +0200
> Cc: [email-masked]
> From: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
> 
> On 23/11/2023 09:35, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> > I'm not sure I can reproduce these, it seems to me that the
> > indentation is correct in these case when I try the examples.  So
> > please show a detailed recipe, starting from "emacs -Q", for each of
> > the two problems, so that we could be sure that we are seeing the same
> > problems.
> 
> I can easily reproduce the first one (comment-related): the two 
> indicated lines just don't reindent at all. That's with the default 
> 'gnu' indentation style, but also with 'linux' and perhaps others (I 
> haven't tried).

I don't understand what you mean by "reindent".  That wasn't what the
original report was about, AFAIU.

I still think a complete recipe is needed.

> To reproduce the second one, you first need to enable the 'linux' style:

I tried to reproduce _only_ with the 'linux' style, as the bug report
said.

>    (setq c-ts-mode-indent-style 'linux)
>    M-x c-ts-mode

The style is a per-buffer setting, so AFAIU one needs to set the style
after turning on the mode in a buffer, whether manually or
automatically.

A full recipe is supposed to remove all those confusing details and
potential mistakes.