Subject: Re: bug#67355: [PATCH] Add doc string to simple.el

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2023 16:29:21 +0200

> Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2023 23:33:50 +0000
> From:  Jeremy Bryant via "Bug reports for GNU Emacs,
>  the Swiss army knife of text editors" <[email-masked]>
> 
> This patch adds a doc string to simple.el where there was none.

Thanks.

> Please confirm if this is good to install or if any refinements are
> needed.  Thanks in advance.

Below.

>  (defun kill-buffer--possibly-save (buffer)
> +  "Prompt user whether to kill BUFFER, possibly saving it first.
> +
> +This assumes the buffer is known to be modified."

This prefers the description of what function does to describing its
role.  I think it is better to do the opposite:

    Ask the user to confirm killing of a modified BUFFER.

  If the user confirms, optionally save BUFFER that is about to be
  killed.