Subject: bug#67326: 29.1.90.1; time-stamp slowdown in large org file after org-refile-get-targets, caused by e7b5912b23 (Improvements to long lines handling)

From: Gregory Heytings <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2024 00:13:51 +0000

Hi Yuchen,

Thanks for your bug report, and sorry for the delay.

>
> Set up: foo.org is a 12MB file, longest line 4753, about 21000 
> headlines. It contains the timestamp thingie "Time-stamp: <....>" as one 
> of the first few lines that already has a timestamp from before.
>

I can't reproduce that bug alas, because I don't have that file.  I 
understand that it may contain private information.  Could you perhaps 
create a censored version of that file, and send it to me (privately, a 12 
MB attachments is too large for this list)?

> Like bug#57207,

This bug is likely not directly related to that one, as Ihor confirmed 
that it was fixed (and no other similar reports were filed since then).

>
> BTW what is the commit that fixed bug#57207? I searched for commits in 
> master and emacs-29 with message containing 57207 but could not find 
> any.
>

The reason for that is that development happened on feature branches, on 
which commits were not tagged as fixing specific bugs.