Subject: [bug#67261] [PATCH 3/3] images: Add orangepi-r1-plus-lts image.

From: Vagrant Cascadian <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2023 11:58:57 -0800

On 2023-11-18, Herman Rimm wrote:
> * gnu/local.mk: Register image.
> * gnu/system/images/orangepi-r1-plus-lts-rk3328.scm: New file.
> * gnu/system/install.scm (orangepi-r1-plus-lts-rk3328-installation-os):
>   New variable.

I guess this opens in my mind a larger question of how many images do we
want to build out-of-the-box?

Building images for every (ARM) board variant possibly supported in guix
might not be sustainable in the long term... this could easily become
hundreds of images. How big is each image?

On the other hand, most of the images for a given architecture will
share much of the work between them, as most of the individual packages
used to build each image are the same.

Not having CI build each and every image is one approach... although
then you might not notice when an individual image breaks.

live well,
  vagrant