Subject: [bug#67260] [PATCH emacs-team v11 0/7] You thought it was term/internal.el, but it was me, Dio!

From: Andrew Tropin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2024 11:55:02 +0300

On 2024-03-01 20:40, Liliana Marie Prikler wrote:

> Am Freitag, dem 01.03.2024 um 17:35 +0000 schrieb Suhail:
>> Is my expectation that reordering entries in the load-path shouldn't
>> affect the natively-compiled status misplaced?
> Yes.  We take the first prefix match and compute the file names from
> there.  This is consistent with emacs matching the first file it finds
> on the load-path.  You can't do much better, because your load path may
> only be partially specified at compile time and later expanded with
> normal-top-level-add-to-load-path.
>
>> Where in v10 it failed because 3 features previously reported as
>> being byte-compiled became natively-compiled, now it fails because
>> the same 3 features go from being natively-compiled to byte-compiled
>> after reordering load-path.
> The expectation that load-path order does not matter is imho quite
> unfounded.  Note that we do ship the actually important test cases with
> v11.
>
>> A separate bug issue can be created to track the peculiar dependence
>> of the native-compilation status on the ordering of entries in load-
>> path.
> Well, to me it's not peculiar as I wrote the code, but I'm not sure how
> familiar you are with Emacs' internals.  If you feel up for it, go for
> it, but I'd rather tackle other problems related to our emacs
> ecosystem.
>
> Anyway, as you said, I'm pushing this now so that we can do a double
> merge dance (i.e. master → emacs-team, then request the other way)
> starting early tomorrow.

Hi Liliana! 

guix time-machine --branch=emacs-team -- shell emacs-pgtk emacs-magit --pure -E '.*GTK.*|.*XDG.*|.*DISPLAY.*' -- emacs -Q

fails with:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
   passed  94/97  expect-window-right-native (0.002334 sec)
Test expect-x-dnd-init-frame-native backtrace:
  signal(void-function (x-dnd-init-frame))
  apply(signal (void-function (x-dnd-init-frame)))
  (setq value-477 (apply fn-475 args-476))
  (unwind-protect (setq value-477 (apply fn-475 args-476)) (setq form-
  (if (unwind-protect (setq value-477 (apply fn-475 args-476)) (setq f
  (let (form-description-479) (if (unwind-protect (setq value-477 (app
  (let ((value-477 'ert-form-evaluation-aborted-478)) (let (form-descr
  (let* ((fn-475 #'eq) (args-476 (condition-case err (let ((signal-hoo
  (lambda nil (let* ((fn-475 #'eq) (args-476 (condition-case err (let 
  ert--run-test-internal(#s(ert--test-execution-info :test #s(ert-test
  ert-run-test(#s(ert-test :name expect-x-dnd-init-frame-native :docum
  ert-run-or-rerun-test(#s(ert--stats :selector t :tests ... :test-map
  ert-run-tests(t #f(compiled-function (event-type &rest event-args) #
  ert-run-tests-batch(nil)
  ert-run-tests-batch-and-exit()
  command-line-1(("--load" "/gnu/store/ql9y5r4ydz4dl8jjf2b2bz9fqhxmbm3
  command-line()
  normal-top-level()
Test expect-x-dnd-init-frame-native condition:
    (void-function x-dnd-init-frame)
   FAILED  95/97  expect-x-dnd-init-frame-native (0.000067 sec) at ../../../gnu/store/ql9y5r4ydz4dl8jjf2b2bz9fqhxmbm3x-comp-integrity.el:1
Test expect-x-handle-no-bitmap-icon-native backtrace:
  signal(void-function (x-handle-no-bitmap-icon))
  apply(signal (void-function (x-handle-no-bitmap-icon)))
  (setq value-482 (apply fn-480 args-481))
  (unwind-protect (setq value-482 (apply fn-480 args-481)) (setq form-
  (if (unwind-protect (setq value-482 (apply fn-480 args-481)) (setq f
  (let (form-description-484) (if (unwind-protect (setq value-482 (app
  (let ((value-482 'ert-form-evaluation-aborted-483)) (let (form-descr
  (let* ((fn-480 #'eq) (args-481 (condition-case err (let ((signal-hoo
  (lambda nil (let* ((fn-480 #'eq) (args-481 (condition-case err (let 
  ert--run-test-internal(#s(ert--test-execution-info :test #s(ert-test
  ert-run-test(#s(ert-test :name expect-x-handle-no-bitmap-icon-native
  ert-run-or-rerun-test(#s(ert--stats :selector t :tests ... :test-map
  ert-run-tests(t #f(compiled-function (event-type &rest event-args) #
  ert-run-tests-batch(nil)
  ert-run-tests-batch-and-exit()
  command-line-1(("--load" "/gnu/store/ql9y5r4ydz4dl8jjf2b2bz9fqhxmbm3
  command-line()
  normal-top-level()
Test expect-x-handle-no-bitmap-icon-native condition:
    (void-function x-handle-no-bitmap-icon)
   FAILED  96/97  expect-x-handle-no-bitmap-icon-native (0.000103 sec) at ../../../gnu/store/ql9y5r4ydz4dl8jjf2b2bz9fqhxmbm3x-comp-integrity.el:1
   passed  97/97  expect-x-setup-function-keys-native (0.002261 sec)

Ran 97 tests, 95 results as expected, 2 unexpected (2024-03-07 08:50:40+0000, 0.327688 sec)

2 unexpected results:
   FAILED  expect-x-dnd-init-frame-native
   FAILED  expect-x-handle-no-bitmap-icon-native

error: in phase 'validate-comp-integrity': uncaught exception:
%exception #<&invoke-error program: "/gnu/store/lkqd9kx4nb4y6dw58bn8gqhid6q51i30-emacs-pgtk-29.2/bin/emacs" arguments: ("--batch" "--load" "/gnu/store/ql9y5r4ydz4dl8jjf2b2bz9fqhxmbm3x-comp-integrity.el" "-f" "ert-run-tests-batch-and-exit") exit-status: 1 term-signal: #f stop-signal: #f> 
phase `validate-comp-integrity' failed after 0.5 seconds
command "/gnu/store/lkqd9kx4nb4y6dw58bn8gqhid6q51i30-emacs-pgtk-29.2/bin/emacs" "--batch" "--load" "/gnu/store/ql9y5r4ydz4dl8jjf2b2bz9fqhxmbm3x-comp-integrity.el" "-f" "ert-run-tests-batch-and-exit" failed with status 1
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

-- 
Best regards,
Andrew Tropin