Subject: [bug#67260] [PATCH v6 1/7] gnu: emacs: Wrap EMACSNATIVELOADPATH.

From: Suhail <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2024 07:49:59 +0000

Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]> writes:

>> Contrasting the above with an Emacs 29.1 installation on a non-Guix
>> system, I notice that the latter doesn't have any non-absolute paths
>> in native-comp-eln-load-path.  Thoughts?
> I have noticed this myself, but I don't think that it's related to this
> series.

It seems to be.  It's possible that it may also be related to other
things already in the emacs-team branch (e.g. if the patch series is
only responsible for uncovering a pre-existing defect as opposed to
causing it), but the relative path only shows up during the series.

> Can you try 29.2 without the patches?

emacs-team branch at aae61f54ff doesn't have the relative path in
native-comp-eln-load-path.  The relative path shows up only after
[PATCH v6 3/7] is applied.  Hope this helps and hopefully the patch
series can soon be merged into master for general availability.

[PATCH v6 3/7] gnu: emacs: Don't hash file names in native compilation.

-- 
Suhail