Subject: Re: bug#67246: 30.0.50; elixir-ts-mode uses faces inconsistently

From: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2023 21:05:54 +0200

On 24/11/2023 20:56, Wilhelm Kirschbaum wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 20, 2023 at 12:00 PM Andrey Listopadov <[email-masked] 
> <mailto:[email-masked]>> wrote:
> 
>     Nov 20, 2023 04:50:27 Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]
>     <mailto:[email-masked]>>:
> 
>      > I guess I expected that if the mode has been added to the core
>     then the
>      > development is led here too. And modes maintained externally live
>     more
>      > easily in ELPA. Anyway, we are where we are.
> 
> 
> I agree, but not sure how to deal with the users already using it on 
> emacs 29.1 with the MELPA package.
> When I wanted to submit the package, I remember there being an email 
> saying we should not add packages to ELPA yet, so now I am stuck with 
> the github repository and MELPA.
> Once 30 drops it should be easier to redirect conversations here, not 
> sure how this works.  The packages are slightly different and I regret 
> my earlier decisions.

OTOH, once Emacs 30 drops, there will be no good way to undo the 
inclusion, if you became so inclined.

Which might be an option currently, since elixir-ts-mode hasn't been in 
an Emacs release yet.