Subject: bug#67246: 30.0.50; elixir-ts-mode uses faces inconsistently

From: Wilhelm Kirschbaum <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2023 20:56:41 +0200

Sorry for the late response.

On Mon, Nov 20, 2023 at 12:00 PM Andrey Listopadov <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> Nov 20, 2023 04:50:27 Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>:
>
> > I guess I expected that if the mode has been added to the core then the
> > development is led here too. And modes maintained externally live more
> > easily in ELPA. Anyway, we are where we are.
>

I agree, but not sure how to deal with the users already using it on emacs
29.1 with the MELPA package.
When I wanted to submit the package, I remember there being an email saying
we should not add packages to ELPA yet, so now I am stuck with the github
repository and MELPA.
Once 30 drops it should be easier to redirect conversations here, not sure
how this works.  The packages are slightly different and I regret my
earlier decisions.

>
> I thought the same thing. I wonder if there are other modes that continue
> development on melpa first, and what is the proper way to set up the
> override in my init.el. I'll have to look into that, I guess.
>

There is no need to set an override if you use a conventional method of
loading the package as far as I know.

>
> > I haven't done too much testing myself. Perhaps Andrey will take the
> > upstream version for a spin. Or we'll wait for the changes to be merged
> > here and continue.
>
> I have pulled the melpa package, and at level 2 the font locking now
> seems to be correct (I grew to expect syntax highlights to highlight
> important parts of the code, so level 2 seems the most appropriate to me
> personally).  Thanks for the changes!  However, I don't know how exactly
> tree sitter mode should be organizedm so I can't give a proper review on
> the changes - if there's a guide or a manual for that, I'd like to read
> it.
>

Thanks for checking.  Any feedback will be very helpful, I will prep the
patch in the next day or two.

Wilhelm