Subject: bug#67246: 30.0.50; elixir-ts-mode uses faces inconsistently

From: Andrey Listopadov <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2023 13:00:01 +0300 (GMT+03:00)

Nov 20, 2023 04:50:27 Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>:

> I guess I expected that if the mode has been added to the core then the 
> development is led here too. And modes maintained externally live more 
> easily in ELPA. Anyway, we are where we are.

I thought the same thing. I wonder if there are other modes that continue 
development on melpa first, and what is the proper way to set up the 
override in my init.el. I'll have to look into that, I guess.

> I haven't done too much testing myself. Perhaps Andrey will take the 
> upstream version for a spin. Or we'll wait for the changes to be merged 
> here and continue.

I have pulled the melpa package, and at level 2 the font locking now 
seems to be correct (I grew to expect syntax highlights to highlight 
important parts of the code, so level 2 seems the most appropriate to me 
personally).  Thanks for the changes!  However, I don't know how exactly 
tree sitter mode should be organizedm so I can't give a proper review on 
the changes - if there's a guide or a manual for that, I'd like to read 
it.

I guess when the patch for the core package will arive, someone who knows 
how font-locking is organized should give a proper review.