Subject: [PATCH 00/32] gnu: Astronomy 2023/11 updates.

From: Sharlatan Hellseher <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2023 12:04:45 +0000

Hi Guix!

Please review November's patch series updating and improving packages related
to (gnu packages astronomy).

To Update python-spherical-geometry there is pending QD update in
https://issues.guix.gnu.org/66896 which needs to be placed first reported
upstream https://github.com/spacetelescope/spherical_geometry/issues/227 and
solved with new QD

Tested on x86_64-linux system, and they do not introduce any regressions.

> ./pre-inst-env guix build --rounds=2 python-stsci-stimage python-synphot python-memory-profiler python-pytest-socket parfive python-poliastro python-extension-helpers python-astroquery python-stsci-imagestats python-drms splash python-wiimatch python-sgp4 python-roman-datamodels python-rad python-pynbody python-posix-ipc python-jplephem python-fitsio python-crds python-casa-formats-io python-astroalign python-asdf libpasastro gpredict celestia
/gnu/store/h3fg00sdrqyipx92jjq260xbjfqy5vzj-celestia-1.6.4
/gnu/store/1m28grg2cmhx16bfkgm62nxpkfj5mabm-gpredict-2.2.1
/gnu/store/7n7piap15awvdflqba5dnw670z8bk74z-libpasastro-1.4.1
/gnu/store/inq664xkx31v4pwhaqd25h94jqhyjy7j-python-asdf-3.0.1
/gnu/store/5fl0byrld8wkxz2r3d72yrywm3iy6lya-python-astroalign-2.5.1
/gnu/store/6ik6bzmy91l56gbxscxlrls7nfs4l031-python-casa-formats-io-0.2.2
/gnu/store/vh8a6aakb679zs2n4asmgr7g0rkk8r9x-python-crds-11.17.9
/gnu/store/3pfhsdbm79ra4ipvml2wzlmgn971qjas-python-fitsio-1.2.1
/gnu/store/dlfyxnr2g720ghl5g9ginvrjh0spiqgc-python-jplephem-2.20
/gnu/store/59sa9gj5s1mr3jawiax7vz6y6wplylaq-python-posix-ipc-1.1.1
/gnu/store/v212kaws8m4s5r8l23qvfcwjzc713v6v-python-pynbody-1.4.2
/gnu/store/g0g67cfihrf1vnhrazrh9g48xlyavbph-python-rad-0.18.0
/gnu/store/cg50p4yh0nxxy0ng9i9gw3hramn20l2q-python-roman-datamodels-0.18.0
/gnu/store/w0w81qy9j3fl66w4mifrqm4bdf4x8vbd-python-sgp4-2.23
/gnu/store/b59mr6y67xcg4xzysj8fbj7k1b2rsd77-python-wiimatch-0.3.2
/gnu/store/g716pwqcq9wnwgzxd8lp1gcjci16d59r-splash-3.9.0
/gnu/store/3xvl3byxy3a1hr0bnhddig0zkdl2vyxy-python-drms-0.6.4
/gnu/store/acpfhn8d14rhnha50vg67n1d1xrski88-python-stsci-imagestats-1.6.3
/gnu/store/ibshda7w2bs3cl6vixrpzazbh30fhb1j-python-astroquery-0.4.6
/gnu/store/b5nr8hkxf5fvyjaaabnajiwz58zpv9fl-python-extension-helpers-1.1.0
/gnu/store/5764g4i2wvyfqm15kz38gnsdsvwwgpl0-python-poliastro-0.17.0
/gnu/store/s1b603437aph8jawhcajrk9qgqbkl13m-parfive-2.0.2
/gnu/store/8yf8102qkrxy2lznx1xscxdxhkv3gd0h-python-pytest-socket-0.6.0
/gnu/store/2b4d4kv8ilrjgd7apr0nb3yx8z12v15f-python-memory-profiler-0.61
/gnu/store/n6fd3b4lskfsgnfxc4kisrkp0cv73jc6-python-synphot-1.2.1
/gnu/store/0i341ilw7x4mvshlhbxdc8ks1417sd70-python-stsci-stimage-0.2.6

Building the following 8 packages would ensure 53 dependent packages are
rebuilt: [email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked]
[email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked]
[email-masked] [email-masked]

./pre-inst-env guix build [email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked]
/gnu/store/9xvnxvsf3w8n5wbymmdxx1v54bfqllhh-python-spectral-cube-0.6.3
/gnu/store/nkq1sppm8j5gdhxl6x34mia105zs7gkg-python-jwst-1.12.5
/gnu/store/vpkbyzd2q1klxmh3mf196mii3svnz1wn-python-sunpy-5.0.1
/gnu/store/mbbdr29ag8djlpp7g8q1cxbdgjr51ncc-python-tslearn-0.6.2
/gnu/store/5fl0byrld8wkxz2r3d72yrywm3iy6lya-python-astroalign-2.5.1
/gnu/store/5764g4i2wvyfqm15kz38gnsdsvwwgpl0-python-poliastro-0.17.0
/gnu/store/inq664xkx31v4pwhaqd25h94jqhyjy7j-python-asdf-3.0.1
/gnu/store/v212kaws8m4s5r8l23qvfcwjzc713v6v-python-pynbody-1.4.2

Sharlatan Hellseher (32):
  gnu: celestia: Update to 1.6.4.
  gnu: gpredict: Improve package style.
  gnu: libpasastro: Update to 1.4.1.
  gnu: python-asdf-3.0: Update to 3.0.1.
  gnu: python-astroalign: Update to 2.5.1.
  gnu: python-casa-formats-io: Update to 0.2.2.
  gnu: python-crds: Update to 11.17.9.
  gnu: python-fitsio: Update to 1.2.1.
  gnu: python-jplephem: Update to 2.20.
  gnu: python-posix-ipc: Update to 1.1.1.
  gnu: python-pynbody: Update to 1.4.2.
  gnu: python-pynbody: Prepare for cross compilation.
  gnu: python-rad: Update to 0.18.0.
  gnu: python-roman-datamodels: Update to 0.18.0.
  gnu: python-sgp4: Update to 2.23.
  gnu: python-wiimatch: Update to 0.3.2.
  gnu: splash: Update to 3.9.0.
  gnu: python-drms: Simplify package.
  gnu: python-stsci-imagestats: Swap to pyproject-build-system.
  gnu: python-astroquery: Improve package style.
  gnu: python-extension-helpers: Enable tests.
  gnu: python-extension-helpers: Improve style.
  gnu: python-extension-helpers: Update to 1.1.0.
  gnu: python-poliastro: Improve package style.
  gnu: parfive: Update to 2.0.2.
  gnu: parfive: Improve package style.
  gnu: python-pytest-socket: Update to 0.6.0.
  gnu: python-pytest-socket: Enable tests.
  gnu: python-memory-profiler: Enable all tests.
  gnu: python-synphot: Enable tests.
  gnu: python-stsci-stimage: Enable tests.
  gnu: python-posix-ipc: Limit tests to target-x86.

 gnu/packages/astronomy.scm    | 281 ++++++++++++++++++----------------
 gnu/packages/python-check.scm |  70 +++------
 gnu/packages/python-web.scm   |  23 ++-
 gnu/packages/python-xyz.scm   |  72 +++++----
 4 files changed, 224 insertions(+), 222 deletions(-)

base-commit: a0d337e79c87d7c38c79d0291974f490cb137a52
-- 
2.41.0