Subject: bug#67224: closed (Re: bug#67224: [Cuirass] ‘remote-server’exits due to “Host unreachable”)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2023 11:44:03 +0000

Your bug report

#67224: [Cuirass] ‘remote-server’ exits due to “Host unreachable”

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
67224: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=67224
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#67224: [Cuirass] ‘remote-server’ exits due to “Host unreachable”
From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2023 12:43:14 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> skribis:

> This should be fixed by Cuirass commit
> 38d864defc4ffe9aaada1aa36dadc311df08013a.

Included in the ‘cuirass’ package update in Guix commit
300e9ad43d1f7a10013aa0724ed3aeb7d93500c1, now deployed on berlin and its
x86 build nodes.

Ludo’.

Subject: [Cuirass] ‘remote-server’ exits due to“Host unreachable”
From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2023 09:32:02 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

‘cuirass remote-server’ (as of 1.2.0) exits on “Host unreachable” errors
from ZeroMQ:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
2023-11-16 09:17:59 periodic update: 0 resumable, 0 failed builds
2023-11-16 09:18:02 141.80.167.161 (EeiKw8YX): build started: '/gnu/store/dvxb3sf6aakriw8554pavazyd84mcgd5-r-singler-2.4.0.drv'.
2023-11-16 09:18:37 error: ZeroMQ error in build server: Host unreachable
2023-11-16 09:18:37 increased maximum number of open files from 1024 to 2048
2023-11-16 09:18:37 listening for build logs on port 5556
2023-11-16 09:18:37 deleting old build logs from '/var/cache/cuirass/remote/'...
2023-11-16 09:18:52 selected 0 build logs to remove
2023-11-16 09:18:52 WARNING: (cuirass scripts remote-server): imported module (fibers) overrides core binding `sleep'
2023-11-16 09:18:52 starting fetch worker with up to 8 concurrent downloads
2023-11-16 09:19:20 error: ZeroMQ error in build server: Host unreachable
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

This in turn occasionally triggers this ‘remote-worker’ bug:
<https://issues.guix.gnu.org/66980>.  Which in turn can trigger this
one, and so on.

Ludo’.