Subject: Re: bug#67207: [PATCH] Add elixir-ts-mode-hook to elixir-ts-mode

From: Wilhelm Kirschbaum <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2023 21:43:06 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> From: Wilhelm Kirschbaum <[email-masked]>
>> Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2023 20:32:42 +0200
>> 
>> This change was requested by a user and seems to be useful.
>
> Sorry, I don't understand: what was the request of that user?
> elixir-ts-mode is defined using define-derived-mode, which
> automatically creates a mode hook, so why do you need to define 
> it
> explicitly?

I had exactly the same question.  The user wants to manage the 
elixir-ts-mode hooks from the customize-group menu and not using 
elisp.  This seems to be the way to make it show up on the 
customize-group menu for elixir-ts-mode.  There are some other 
modes doing the same if you search for `defcustom .*-mode-hook` 
under the progmode folder.

If this is undesirable or if there is another way to make it show 
up on the customize menu, it will be good to know.