Subject: bug#6719: Issues with Windows hibernation

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Oct 2019 20:30:59 +0300

> From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked],  [email-masked]
> Date: Thu, 03 Oct 2019 19:12:18 +0200
> 
> Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > Maybe, I just don't know.  AFAIK, the message sent in that case is not
> > processed by Emacs to generate a 'sleep' function key, we only
> > generate that when the actual "sleep" key on the keyboard is pressed.
> 
> On GNU/Linux, it's easy enough to inject events into the event queue of
> a process that's indistinguishable from an actual keyboard event, so I
> was assuming that Windows also had such a thing.

It does.  It's just that I don't see that particular message handled
anywhere in our sources which handle various Windows messages, so I
wonder how did the OP get the 'sleep' function key in the first place.
Maybe he just pressed the Sleep key...