Subject: Re: bug#67185: Small bug in the Introduction to Elisp manual

From: Richard Stallman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2023 22:56:29 -0500

[[[ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider    ]]]
[[[ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies,     ]]]
[[[ foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example. ]]]

We should use logical terms such as "converse" only in the strictly correct
logical sense.  "Converse" is not correct here.

"Inverse" also has a specific mathematical meaning, which doesn't fit
here.

What should se use here?  I think "opposite" is the best word.

> >  >  "The ‘kill-region’ function definition also has an ‘unless’ macro; it
> >  >  is the opposite of ‘when’.

If people are asking me to review more of the text, would someone please
send me the entire passage I whoudl review?

-- 
Dr Richard Stallman (https://stallman.org)
Chief GNUisance of the GNU Project (https://gnu.org)
Founder, Free Software Foundation (https://fsf.org)
Internet Hall-of-Famer (https://internethalloffame.org)