Subject: bug#67175: closed (Re: [bug#67175] [PATCH 7/9] services: jami: Use ‘least-authority-wrapper’.)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2023 23:43:02 +0000

Your bug report

#67175: [PATCH 0/9] Removing 'make-forkexec-constructor/container'

which was filed against the guix-patches package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
67175: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=67175
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: [bug#67175] [PATCH 7/9] services: jami: Use‘least-authority-wrapper’.
From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
To: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2023 00:42:19 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Pushed as commit ca813173894360edef35a5d98878a3135e99e62a after
double-checking with:

  make check-system TESTS="jami jami-provisioning jami-provisioning-partial"

I inserted a new commit, 2cc881ac13522566a27d996afd1fb88df363f75e, to
increase timeouts in the tests: on my laptop the three tests would
occasionally fail when using the initial 20s timeouts (it’s not “really”
20s as the time measured in the host, not in the guest).

Thanks,
Ludo’.

Subject: [PATCH 0/9] Removing 'make-forkexec-constructor/container'
From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2023 15:05:51 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello Guix!

This completes the removal of ‘make-forkexec-constructor/container’
as I intended to do with the introduction of ‘least-authority-wrapper’:

  https://issues.guix.gnu.org/54997

The Jami use case exposed a few shortcomings, including those
addressed by <https://issues.guix.gnu.org/67172>, but thankfully
there are tests, which made it easier to validate the changes!

Feedback welcome!

Ludo’.

Ludovic Courtès (9):
  services: pagekite: Use ‘least-authority-wrapper’.
  services: pagekite: Add ‘configuration’ action.
  services: bitlbee: Remove use of
    ‘make-forkexec-constructor/container’.
  least-authority: Add support for changing UIDs/GIDs before exec.
  tests: jami: Check status of Jami D-Bus session.
  services: jami-dbus-session: Use ‘least-authority-wrapper’.
  services: jami: Use ‘least-authority-wrapper’.
  services: Remove unnecessary references to (gnu build shepherd).
  shepherd: Remove ‘make-forkexec-constructor/container’.

 gnu/build/shepherd.scm          |  90 ----------------------
 gnu/services/databases.scm      |  41 +++++-----
 gnu/services/messaging.scm      |  77 ++++++++-----------
 gnu/services/networking.scm     |  36 +++++----
 gnu/services/security-token.scm |  29 ++++---
 gnu/services/telephony.scm      | 132 +++++++++++++++++++-------------
 gnu/services/web.scm            |  50 ++++++------
 gnu/tests/telephony.scm         |   9 +++
 guix/least-authority.scm        |  25 +++++-
 9 files changed, 223 insertions(+), 266 deletions(-)

base-commit: 08d94fe20eca47b69678b3eced8749dd02c700a4
prerequisite-patch-id: ea1da8834460072ad48cd7b4a3ec23e7205f2529
prerequisite-patch-id: eb3069189c1b61930a429f933fda673d8fe47691
-- 
2.41.0