Subject: Re: [bug#67175] [PATCH 7/9] services: jami: Use‘least-authority-wrapper’.

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2023 23:16:39 +0100

Hi,

Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]> skribis:

> Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> * gnu/services/telephony.scm (jami-configuration->command-line-arguments)
>> [wrapper]: New procedure.
>
> nitpick: Should be <wrapper>, according to 'info (standards) Indicating
> the Part Changed'

OK.

>> +  (define (wrapper libjami)
>> +    (least-authority-wrapper
>> +     ;; XXX: 'gexp-input' is needed as the outer layer so that
>> +     ;; 'references-file' picks the right output of LIBJAMI.
>
> It seems clearer to me to stick to the current #~(string-append
> #$libjami:bin "/libexec/jamid") until file-append can handle non-default
> outputs more elegantly (did we have a bug for that? -- I couldn't find
> one).

We cannot write #~(string-append …) here because
‘least-authority-wrapper’ expects a file-like object (because it passes
it to ‘references-file’).

> The rest LGTM, if both jami system tests pass.

Alright!

Ludo’.