Subject: bug#67174: 30.0.50; [PATCH] What about a vectorized Gnus mode-line logo?

From: Eric Abrahamsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2023 10:59:22 +0100

Manuel Giraud via "Bug reports for GNU Emacs, the Swiss army knife of
text editors" <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Here is a patch to have a SVG version of the Gnus mode-line logo.  I
> have used "etc/images/gnus/gnus.svg" as a base, removed the shadow and
> just kept the head of the Gnu.
>
> I have chosen to remove the stroke color so the foreground color of the
> default face will be used to draw the icon.  I think it is better to
> match any themes.
>
> I have kept all the copyright information from gnus.svg but I think it
> could also be minified a bit by stripping it.  WDYT?

Looks good to me, thank you! For my amusement I rebuilt Emacs without
SVG support and it correctly fell back to the xpm file.

I think it's fine to leave the copyright information etc just as it is
in gnus.svg. Maybe let's give it a day in case a maintainer wants to
chime in, but I'd expect it's fine as-is.

Thanks,
Eric