Subject: Re: bug#67174: 30.0.50; [PATCH] What about a vectorized Gnus mode-line logo?

From: Visuwesh <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2024 19:38:15 +0530

[சனி பிப்ரவரி 03, 2024] Manuel Giraud wrote:

Hello Manuel,

> Visuwesh <[email-masked]> writes:
>
> [...]
>
>> That would be nice to have since I do like the little splash of
>> colour.
>
> Hi Visuwesh (and all),
>
> What do you think of this attached patch?  Now that SVG are honoring the
> colors of the face property, I just add a face property to the logo.
>
> I have chosen 'font-lock-function-name-face' because it is a somewhat
> standard face and it is of color Blue1 (#0000ff) with the default Emacs
> theme (this is the same color of the XPM logo).
>
> Using a face property also have the nice property (😁) of automatically
> adapt to any other theme.

I know that I asked about adding a splash of colour to the mode-line but
now that I have run the monochrome Gnus logo, I don't feel the need for
the splash of colour anymore.  But if general consensus is that we add a
new face for this, can we add a new face that inherits from
font-lock-function-name-face instead?  I, for one, set every face to
inherit from default and change some to use different fonts so I would
still end up with a monochrome logo if I decide to have it coloured.