Subject: bug#67174: 30.0.50; [PATCH] What about a vectorized Gnus mode-line logo?

From: Visuwesh <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2023 09:39:14 +0530

[திங்கள் நவம்பர் 27, 2023] Manuel Giraud wrote:

>> The logo looks really clean but unfortunately it is not the same blue
>> anymore.  Is this something we should care about?  Personally, I liked
>> the nice blue colour of the Gnus logo in the mode-line: a hint of colour
>> in the otherwise monochrome mode-line.
>
> Hi,
>
> I think that this blue was working with light themes (BTW this is what I
> use most of the time) but not so much with dark themes.  Hence, I did
> not set the foreground color in the SVG for it to have the default
> foreground color.

Ah, I see.  I have never used a dark theme myself so I didn't know.

> I think that if we should do something about it the best would be to
> define a new face for it (or better, maybe use an already existing one…
> but which one?)

That would be nice to have since I do like the little splash of colour.