Subject: Re: bug#67174: 30.0.50; [PATCH] What about a vectorized Gnus mode-line logo?

From: Visuwesh <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2023 12:55:20 +0530

[செவ்வாய் நவம்பர் 14, 2023] Manuel Giraud via "Bug reports for GNU Emacs, the Swiss army knife of text editors" wrote:

[ Sorry for the late reply.  ]

> Hi,
>
> Here is a patch to have a SVG version of the Gnus mode-line logo.  I
> have used "etc/images/gnus/gnus.svg" as a base, removed the shadow and
> just kept the head of the Gnu.
>
> I have chosen to remove the stroke color so the foreground color of the
> default face will be used to draw the icon.  I think it is better to
> match any themes.
>
> I have kept all the copyright information from gnus.svg but I think it
> could also be minified a bit by stripping it.  WDYT?
>
> Best regards,

The logo looks really clean but unfortunately it is not the same blue
anymore.  Is this something we should care about?  Personally, I liked
the nice blue colour of the Gnus logo in the mode-line: a hint of colour
in the otherwise monochrome mode-line.