Subject: bug#6717: tramp-dissect-file-name: Not a Tramp file name

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2010 22:50:15 +0200

Andreas Schwab <[email-masked]> writes:

> Michael Albinus <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> --- 435,444 ----
>>   	(delete-process url-http-process)))))
>>     (let ((buffer (current-buffer))
>>   	(class nil)
>> ! 	(success nil)
>> ! 	;; The filename part of a URL could be in remote file syntax,
>> ! 	;; see Bug#6717 for an example.  We disable Tramp, therefore.
>> ! 	(tramp-mode nil))
>
> IMHO this is the wrong place to fix that.  Instead file-name-directory
> should not be called on the local part in the first place, or at least
> *all* file name handlers should be suppressed around the call.

I thought about that. But I'm not sure, whether we shall disable
jka-compr, for example. What happens, if the URL is something like
http://host.cc/path/file.gz ?

I do not know url*.el sufficiently, that I could decide this ...

> Andreas.

Best regards, Michael.