Subject: Re: bug#6716: 23.2; Setting `find-function-source-path' has no effect.

From: Štěpán Němec <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 13:20:39 +0200

Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]> writes:

>> I don't care if the source I jump to is really "equivalent" to the
>> version I have loaded
>
> There lies the problem.  Other people do.  So the fix to your problem
> will need to satisfy both cases.

But if you care about that, you don't need `find-function-source-path'
at all, no? (And actually, I don't see a reliable way to jump to the
"right" source of a byte-compiled function in general (as I already
pointed out in the previous mail).)

Also, you replied to none of my other questions, notably -- do you
really (_really_) plan to reimplement `load-history', or was that just a
"would be nice to have"? If the latter, could you propose a better
solution that would improve the current situation? (I'm sorry, but as I
also already wrote, I didn't really understand the point(s) you were
making.)

Štěpán