Subject: [PATCH 0/4] Add jellyfin-mpv-player and deps

From: Sharlatan Hellseher <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2024 20:42:25 +0000

Hi Ian,

QA looks green ^.-

I've noticed some minor picks in v5 you sent.

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
+(define-public jellyfin-mpv-shim
...
+    (license license:gpl2)))
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---
Nix listes 5 licenses in the package
<https://github.com/NixOS/nixpkgs/blob/nixos-23.11/pkgs/applications/video/jellyfin-mpv-shim/default.nix#L109>
may you double check if it's still valid.

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
+(define-public python-mpv-jsonipc
...
+    (synopsis "Python API to MPV using JSON IPC")
+    (description "Python API to MPV using JSON IPC")
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---
The description of the package needs to be longer than synopsis and
needs to include more info. No full stop after end of the sentence.

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
+(define-public python-jellyfin-apiclient
...
+    (synopsis "Python API client for Jellyfin")
+    (description "Python API client for Jellyfin")
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---
Same here.

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
+(define-public python-pystray
...
+    (arguments
+     (list
+      #:phases #~(modify-phases %standard-phases
+                   (delete 'check)
+                   (delete 'sanity-check))))
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---
Please use #:tests? flag and place some comments why it's disabled (no
tests, require network, all broken etc.). Does Sanity check fail due to
incompatible versions, if so consider add relax-requirement phase (see
code examples in python-xyz).

Thanks,
Oleg