Subject: bug#6708: closed (Re: bug#6708: nxml-mode needs updating in respect to Unicode support)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 15:50:03 +0000

Your bug report

#6708: nxml-mode needs updating in respect to Unicode support

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
6708: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=6708
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#6708: nxml-mode needs updating in respect to Unicode support
From: Chong Yidong <[email-masked]>
To: Reuben Thomas <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 11:49:32 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Reuben Thomas <[email-masked]> writes:

> In the section "Limitations", the nxml-mode manual says:
>
>    * Unicode support has problems. This stems mostly from the fact that
>      the XML (and RELAX NG) character model is based squarely on
>      Unicode, whereas the Emacs character model is not.  Emacs 22 is
>      slated to have full Unicode support, which should improve the
>      situation here.
>
> Since we are now well past Emacs 22, and a lot of work has been done
> on Unicode support, presumably a) the situation has improved and b)
> someone has some idea in what way it has improved, so this paragraph
> could be updated?

Thanks, I simply removed the paragraph.

Subject: nxml-mode needs updating in respect to Unicode support
From: Reuben Thomas <[email-masked]>
To: Emacs Bugs <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 20:06:27 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

In the section "Limitations", the nxml-mode manual says:

   * Unicode support has problems. This stems mostly from the fact that
     the XML (and RELAX NG) character model is based squarely on
     Unicode, whereas the Emacs character model is not.  Emacs 22 is
     slated to have full Unicode support, which should improve the
     situation here.

Since we are now well past Emacs 22, and a lot of work has been done
on Unicode support, presumably a) the situation has improved and b)
someone has some idea in what way it has improved, so this paragraph
could be updated?

-- 
http://rrt.sc3d.org