Subject: Re: bug#6705: w32 cmdproxy.c pass args to cygwin; erroneous charset conversion (problem description, solution/suggestion)

From: Juanma Barranquero <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 21:59:52 +0200

On Fri, Jul 23, 2010 at 21:51, Laimonas Vėbra <[email-masked]> wrote:

> I'd like to and if you haven't noticed -- i'am trying... ;-)

Good luck. (I'm being sincere, not facetious.)

> And that is why i also prefer native build of Emacs (and think, that it
> should be less buggy).

I've never felt the native build was abnormally buggy (compared to the
POSIX builds).

> I suppose, that making it work better with Cygwin (like other external apps)
> would just make it better.

Sure, assuming that there's a non-hackish way to do it. It's just that
there are lots of things that seem to me more useful, given our
limited resources. But YMMV.

> In the sources there are already much (well, not so little) of the cygwin
> related stuff, so if it ain't going to be dropped, then why it
> couldn't/shouldn't be improved?

Again: if there's a way to improve it that does not make already
existing code worse, why not?

    Juanma