Subject: Flyspell + Key-chord, chords are ignored while typing / spellchecking

From: Everard Nisse <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2023 16:15:04 +0100

With Flyspell mode enabled, key-chord combinations are ignored until
Flyspell has finished marking incorrect words, chord characters are typed
instead.

To reproduce

   1. Install the key-chord package from MELPA
   2. M-: (key-chord-define-global "jk" "testing")
   3. key-chord-mode & flyspell-mode
   4. Type and quickly try to invoke the "jk" chord (press both keys at the
   same time)
   5. Result should be "testing" being inserted in the buffer but instead
   the chord is ignored and "jk" is typed

Workarounds to resume chord recognition:

   1. Waiting a few moments until Flypsell finishes marking incorrect words
   2. Issuing C-g quickly after typing (does mark incorrect words)
   3. Pressing Space, Delete or typing numbers/symbols

Reproduced on v30.0.50 native-comp with no other configuration present via "$
env HOME=testing emacs".
If anyone has ideas on code that can be blamed or further debug steps,
please let me know.

Cheers,
ENisse