Subject: bug#6702: 24.0.50; Can't yank text on Mac OS X

From: Magnus Henoch <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 18:20:00 +0200

Magnus Henoch <[email-masked]> writes:

> Running Emacs from bzr on Mac OS 10.6.4, if I mark some text, save it
> with M-w, and then try to yank it with C-y, I get the error message
> 'Quit: "pasteboard doesn't contain valid data"'.  (See keystrokes and
> message log below.)
>
> Also, I can't paste the saved text into another application.  However,
> if I copy text from another application, I can yank it into Emacs with
> C-y.
>
> Only M-w and C-w seem to be affected; text killed with M-d and C-k can
> be yanked and pasted.

Correction: I figured out that the nature of the problem is different.
When I mark a region of text with C-SPC and movement keys, everything
works fine if I then hit M-w _twice_.  After the first press, the
highlighting disappears, and after the second press, the cursor briefly
blinks at the mark, signalling that the text was actually saved.

I'll dig deeper into this when I find time...

Magnus