Subject: bug#67012: 29.1; epa-sign-file pinentry loopback mode does not work with S/MIME

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2023 12:40:02 +0100

Ulrich Mueller <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi Ulrich,

>    As a workaround, input the passphrase with a GUI-capable pinentry
>    program like 'pinentry-gnome' or 'pinentry-qt5'.  Alternatively, you
>    can use the 'pinentry' package from Emacs 25.

I have no idea what I'm speaking about. However, on GNU ELPA there is
the package pinentry 0.1 from Daiki Ueno <[email-masked]>. Same is for
Emacs 25. Shouldn't we advertise the GNU ELPA package?

However, there are differences. On GNU ELPA, thetr is

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
;; Copyright (C) 2015 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

In Emacs 25, there is

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
;; Copyright (C) 2015-2017 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Looks like the version in Emacs 25 is more up-to-date, although both say

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
;; Version: 0.1
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Shouldn't we upgrade the GNU ELPA version?

Best regards, Michael.