Subject: Re: bug#67008: 30.0.50; Multiple major mode parents

From: Ikumi Keita <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2023 18:50:20 +0900

Hi Stefan,

>>>>> Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]> writes:
> Oh, I see so `japanese-LaTeX-mode` declares `japanese-latex-mode` as an
> extra parent but the alias makes it a cycle.
> Admittedly, in the current `provided-mode-derived-p` code, we actually
> don't signal errors in case of cycles, we just silently break them via
> de-duplications, so I just changed my code accordingly.

Great, it did work. Thank you very much!

>> It seems to me very difficult to arrange the proposed feature to cover
>> category [b], looking at its way to handle mode alias.

> Maybe there's something I'm missing, but the change was simple and I
> believe it does address your use case.

Now I think I can settle out the AUCTeX feature branch in clean and
consistent way.

Best regards,
Ikumi Keita
#StandWithUkraine #StopWarInUkraine
#Gaza #StopTheGenocide #CeasefireNOW