Subject: bug#67006: 30.0.50; w32-shell-execute will freeze Emacs on Windows 10

From: Eason Huang <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2023 07:28:40 +0800

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

> I see that it includes "File Explorer add-ons", which could definitely
> be the reason for what you see.
>
>> But I uninstall the PowerToys, then restart that machine, the issue
>> still existed.
>
> It is possible that uninstalling PowerToys doesn't clean up the
> Registry.
>
> Anyway, I think this is not an Emacs bug, in which case we should
> close it.
>

Sure, feel free to close the bug, if it is not an Emacs bug.

I also find another instresting thing:

1. Eval `(w32-shell-execute "open" "C:/Windows/SysWOW64/")` will freeze
Emacs.

2. Eval `(executable-find "C:/Windows/SysWOW64/explorer")` one time, and
then eval `(w32-shell-execute "open" "C:/Windows/SysWOW64/")` will open
the "C:/Windows/SysWOW64/" folder.

3. And then `(w32-shell-execute "open" "C:/Windows/SysWOW64/")` always
works.

reboot computer, issue exist again.

Do you have any advice on the above case?

-- 
Eason Huang