Subject: bug#66971: 30.0.50; [PATCH] Invert for flashing

From: Po Lu <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2023 13:24:23 +0800

Manuel Giraud <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Maybe that's just me (or the theme I'm using) but when there is
> antialiasing involved, the visible flashing produces rather ugly glyphs.
>
> It is much more pleasing with this patch.  Or maybe, we need a user
> custom for it.  WDYT?

(Disclaimer: I have not tried the patch.)

The introduction of new user options which affect the visible bell on
one window system must be attended by comparable modifications to all
the others, which is infeasible inasmuch as other window systems don't
provide straightforward mechanisms for inverting the contents of a
window.

While the last sentence is not directly relevant to the patch itself,
I'm for leaving the code as it is; the present state of affairs has
withstood the test of time, and it would be unwise to change it by
caprice.