Subject: bug#66971: 30.0.50; [PATCH] Invert for flashing

From: Manuel Giraud <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2023 09:39:09 +0100

Po Lu <[email-masked]> writes:

> Manuel Giraud <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Maybe that's just me (or the theme I'm using) but when there is
>> antialiasing involved, the visible flashing produces rather ugly glyphs.
>>
>> It is much more pleasing with this patch.  Or maybe, we need a user
>> custom for it.  WDYT?
>
> (Disclaimer: I have not tried the patch.)
>
> The introduction of new user options which affect the visible bell on
> one window system must be attended by comparable modifications to all
> the others, which is infeasible inasmuch as other window systems don't
> provide straightforward mechanisms for inverting the contents of a
> window.

You're right and I won't be able to test (or even implement) for other
window systems.  Or why not have a 'x-...' specific user option.

> While the last sentence is not directly relevant to the patch itself,
> I'm for leaving the code as it is; the present state of affairs has
> withstood the test of time, and it would be unwise to change it by
> caprice.

Yes but I wonder if I'm the only one seeing this (I'll try to capture
some screenshots of those flashing).  It might be a just configuration
problem.
-- 
Manuel Giraud