Subject: [bug#66964] mesa-updates: call for patches

From: John Kehayias <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2023 05:39:55 +0000

Hi everyone,

Update below:

On Sun, Nov 05, 2023 at 11:47 PM, John Kehayias wrote:
[snippy snip snip]
>>
>> Happy to! Substitutes will eventually become available, but there's
>> quite a few builds to be done. This takes care of some ungrafts and
>> updates with I hope minimal disruption. I'll be keeping an eye out and
>> using locally as well. Please test and report, thanks everyone!
>>
>> John
>
> An issue was created to track merging the mesa-updates branch here:
> <https://issues.guix.gnu.org/66964>. Please use that bug number as
> needed (and cc me or use wide-reply in emacs debbugs).

At this point I feel we are just about ready to go, unless there are
objections?

Substitute coverage, according to
<https://qa.guix.gnu.org/branch/mesa-updates> is good on x86_64 and
i686 (about 95% and 83%, respectively) while, as usual, other
architectures are behind. The next best is aarch64 at 54% on bordeaux,
and then falling to 24% for armhf, with others we build in the teens.
I think this is to be expected? In any event builds continue very
slowly and in the past I think this is about where we merge.

I should note: please check for any breakages. I didn't expect too
much, but did get more than I thought. It seems the ungrafting version
changes caused some things to fail. Also, the libx11 ungraft mean
python and rust were rebuilt, with the many packages that entails.

I fixed big ones I saw, like QT (unrelated: it was libxkbcommon
upgrade), but other leaf packages I saw had tests failing for reasons
I didn't see. For instance, php fails tests. The current ones are due
to the curl update, but updating php and removing an obsolete patch
had a different test fail. It would be great if someone more familiar
will take a look. With few dependents I figure this can just be done
on master after the merge.

So, shall I merge this to master in the next couple of days? I've been
merging master into mesa-updates smoothly so far. Please do check and
feel free to object if this needs more time.

Thanks everyone,
John

PS: I forgot to email the various patches/issues that are done on
mesa-updates, as listed in a previous message. I will do that too.