Subject: bug#6695: bug#8439: [PATCH] ffap.el -- detect paths with spaces (v4)

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2019 14:31:47 +0100

jari <[email-masked]> writes:

> In this patch (compared to previous v3):
>
>    - remove functions related to Cygwin and use cygwin-convert-path-from-windows
>
>    - obey END parameter in ffap-search-backward-file-end as originally
>      intended
>
>    - correct "path-separator" term into "dir-separator" everywhere

This was seven years ago, and not surprisingly, the patch doesn't apply
any more.

But I think the approach here seemed good -- going back in the buffer
and check whether you find something that matches a file on the file
system (if I understood the patch correctly).

Is there still interest in making this work, or has everybody given up
on using ffap with file names with spaces?

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no