Subject: Re: bug#6693: 24.0.50; font-lock-(builtin|doc) faces are *way* too close

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2011 16:24:17 +0200

Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]> writes:

> 1- make sure that default faces have a foreground that combines well
>    with its background.  I.e. each individual char should be legible
>    even for colorblind users.

Yes, that's important.  But I don't think we have much of a problem in
that area at the moment?  Putting red text on a green background (or
vice versa) isn't very nice even for non-colourblind people.  :-)

> 2- try to use visually different appearances for different font-lock faces.
>
> The first issue is very important (e.g. a requirement to enable
> font-lock by default).  The second is very secondary in comparison.

In this specific instance, I think changing the orchid-ish colour to
MediumBlue (or similar) would be a good change, so I've now committed
that.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
  bloggy blog http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no/