Subject: [bug#66924] [PATCH] gnu: emacs-evil-anzu: Update to 0.03-0.d1e98ee.

From: Clément Lassieur <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 04 Nov 2023 11:47:33 +0100

On Sat, Nov 04 2023, Liliana Marie Prikler wrote:

> Am Samstag, dem 04.11.2023 um 01:14 +0100 schrieb Rostislav Svoboda:
>> > The home-page update should be reflected in the ChangeLog rather
>> > than explained in prose.
>> 
>> ???
>> What do you exactly mean by "reflected"? I'm not trying to explain or
>> reflect anything. I wrote this little note there so that people know
>> that I didn't change the repo URL by mistake.
> IOW you explained it :)
>
>> I looked at the changes between 0.03 and d1e98ee - seem legit to me,
>> no backdoors or anything of that sort. The 0.03 is almost 9 years
>> old, the d1e98ee has been on melpa since March 2023 and it looks like
>> the changes are really needed, 'cause some other thing (doom emacs),
>> is throwing me an error when the 0.03 is used.
>> 
>> > You might also want to add a comment to the file as to why we're
>> > checking out a commit.
>> 
>> ???
>> There's nothing else to check out. And that wouldn't be a meaningful
>> comment.
> Look at other Emacs packages that have not had a long release.  They
> carry a comment like ";; No release since DATE."

Please, this is bikeshedding :)

Even more packages don't have this comment and it's not the most useful
comment anyways.

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
Spend time proportional to the stakes.  Ensure the discussion focuses on
important aspects of the changes; do not let it be derailed by
objectively unimportant issues (This situation is often referred to as
“bikeshedding”, where much time is spent discussing each one's
preference for the color of the shed at the expense progress made on the
project to keep bikes dry).
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

This patch looks good.