Subject: bug#6691: 23.2; Eshell and ^M

From: Leo <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2012 20:19:03 +0800

On 2012-04-14 16:53 +0800, Andreas Schwab wrote:
> What does "more -R"?
> Andreas.

Sorry for the late reply.

The switch -R seems BSD only.

,----[ man more ]
|        -R or --RAW-CONTROL-CHARS
|               Like -r, but only ANSI "color" escape sequences  are  output  in
|               "raw" form.  Unlike -r, the screen appearance is maintained cor-
|               rectly  in  most  cases.   ANSI  "color"  escape  sequences  are
|               sequences of the form:
| 
|                    ESC [ ... m
| 
|               where  the  "..." is zero or more color specification characters
|               For the purpose of keeping  track  of  screen  appearance,  ANSI
|               color  escape sequences are assumed to not move the cursor.  You
|               can make less think that characters other than "m" can end  ANSI
|               color  escape  sequences  by  setting  the  environment variable
|               LESSANSIENDCHARS to the list of characters which can end a color
|               escape  sequence.   And  you can make less think that characters
|               other than the standard ones may appear between the ESC and  the
|               m  by  setting  the environment variable LESSANSIMIDCHARS to the
|               list of characters which can appear.
`----

Leo