Subject: bug#66897: cannot load autoloads for hyperbole (doom emacs)

From: Alan Schmitt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Nov 2023 17:16:43 +0100

Hello Mats,

On 2023-11-02 16:04, Mats Lidell <[email-masked]> writes:

> I'm afraid we have not tested upgrading using straight. Only initial
> install. The test we have is executed by running "make
> install-straight" from a Hyperbole src directory. When I try that
> today I get a properly filled kotl subdir in the build folder. But
> that is a first install and not your update case as you point out.
>
> Maybe you could wipe your install and do an initial install and verify
> that the kotl folder and autoloads are there as expected? Just to make
> sure what state you upgraded from? It would work as temporary
> workaround for your issue as well I think.
>
> To solve the problem we need to understand why straight has an issue
> with the kotl subdirectory. From what I understand the task of
> creating the autoloads should be performed by the package manager on
> the update. If the autoloads are not in place when starting Hyperbole
> it will not work.

I can confirm that an initial install works, thank you for pointing this
out. Somehow, some cleanup process removes everything but .el and .elc
files sometimes when upgrading, but I don’t know why yet. I suspect doom
is doing some kind of cleanup, so I filed a bug there as well. I’ll
report here when I find out some more.

Best,

Alan