Subject: bug#6689: 24.0.50; No primary selection

From: "Drew Adams" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2010 13:43:47 -0700

I got the impression that these problems would soon be reverted for Windows
builds.

But I'm now seeing some of the same problems in a build from two days ago:

GNU Emacs 24.0.50.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600) of 2010-08-02 on 3249CTO

I no longer have to do an explicit M-w after selecting with the mouse, so that
part has been fixed.

However, I still cannot select text in one Emacs session and yank it into
another Emacs session.  E.g. select text with mouse in a buffer in one session,
and try to yank it using mouse-2 into a buffer of another session. It does not
matter whether the Emacs sessions are the same build or even the same version.

I hope all of these selection regressions will be fixed soon, so I can start
using a recent Emacs build - and thus be able to help by reporting other
problems.

It's been about a month now that no version is really usable (for me).  This
selection madness is more than just an inconvenience.  Eli has stated (IIUC)
that nothing should have been changed for Windows, but it still does not work as
it did (= as it should).