Subject: bug#6689: 24.0.50; No primary selection

From: "Drew Adams" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2010 08:06:04 -0700

emacs -Q
 
In another Emacs session, select some text in any way and hit `M-w'.
 
Click mouse-2 in the new Emacs session.  You get the error "No primary
selection".  For example, try to yank the text into the prompt at
`report-emacs-bug' using mouse-2.  Note: C-y works, but mouse-2 does
not work.
 
I believe there have been a bunch of bug reports about selection
recently, but I haven't followed them.  It seems pretty broken, in any
case.
 
Please restore selection, copying/killing, and yanking to what it was
like before.  It was NOT broken - please do not "fix" it.

In GNU Emacs 24.0.50.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
 of 2010-07-19 on 3249CTO
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
configured using `configure --with-gcc (4.4) --no-opt --cflags -Ic:/xpm/include'