Subject: [bug#66886] [PATCH 5/5] gnu: python-textual: Update to 0.41.0.

From: paul <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2023 16:21:43 +0100

Hi jgart,

apologies for the delay but I had some problems with my SSD :( .

On 11/18/23 03:44, jgart wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This breaks httpie, did you try building the packages that depend on these updates?

I did not because I often work from a Pinebook and it's quite painful 
building on such hardware, anyway I managed to write a script that 
builds dependents of a package [0], not sure if it may be useful to add 
something like this to the Guix repo (maybe there's already something 
and I just don't know, please correct me if I'm wrong).

I now checked that the following packages do not regress on x86_64:

build-dependents -p python-textual python-mdit-py-plugins python-rich python-markdown-it-py python-jupytext -e python-vaex-core  | grep 'gnu/store' | sort -u
/gnu/store/1qsr70xih21ckd7zn086p0g6qj4w294c-python-pygmsh-7.1.17
/gnu/store/31hjy58nzczfgh2wasx693mn40nk5qsx-python-textual-0.41.0
/gnu/store/3iiy6qpfiqsvxvj3yzwan2412bxk98b0-python-pyvista-0.42.3
/gnu/store/4fjyfday8nghnw76xkyaky5a33f6hfi3-clikan-0.2.1-1.55ab29e
/gnu/store/4vnm5l46k4lwmg3jywlga1cppcm4czkv-pigx-sars-cov-2-0.0.9
/gnu/store/9f734m0c1ik4kwgqvixlnl1jg8qwbdqi-python-mdit-py-plugins-0.4.0
/gnu/store/b3nd3bpmlqwnw8bbgnk8i78hqa5h038w-python-pytorch-lightning-2.0.2
/gnu/store/fkd73cjmmxshdx5cr5zd190igq3l983i-python-scikit-fem-8.1.0
/gnu/store/jcs4prg3x8pzxfznqsw1qbqknjbh4qh3-python-rich-13.7.0
/gnu/store/jyzv1dhh5q0xmy2m4lk5a64br1qpjak0-pigx-0.0.3
/gnu/store/lr7qr3pqfwy7qxnihjz5kjs6gxwp061b-python-pythonanywhere-0.12.1
/gnu/store/lz43xymxhk4gahl3jvgkq6jqpniwayvg-python-markdown-it-py-3.0.0
/gnu/store/mq1sckkxkhz2snij4y46pslr9hmvhl1q-httpie-3.2.1
/gnu/store/nrspad1inl1lx2zmpacyrq5xrad49v1h-python-spacy-3.5.3
/gnu/store/pckjpvdb5n6fc7zbk4bi0dh52ch7i4ky-python-sphinx-theme-builder-0.2.0b1
/gnu/store/rsv5qiy8mj57429pzqhyb8zkgcd0glvw-python-jupytext-1.15.2
/gnu/store/s3acmhslqfw7k44lcbrw2dsr2v7q3346-pelican-4.7.2
/gnu/store/zqg8bfcd2c37yb5nn484hyi46z823krp-python-enoslib-8.0.1

python-vaex-core is also broken on master.

I'm sending an updated patchset rebased on current master.

Thank you for your help :)

giacomo

[0]: 
https://git.sr.ht/~fishinthecalculator/guix-dev-tools/tree/main/item/src/build-dependents